Roodepoort at a glance
Roodepoort property: A profile of Roodepoort property from a prospective buyer’s perspective with information on facilities and attractions.
The largely residential area of Roodepoort includes some of the most attractive, leafy suburbs in Gauteng, with views out to the Magaliesburg mountains. Roodepoort also includes an agricultural belt and commercial hubs like Constantia, Laser Park and Westgate.
Roodepoort property occupies a prime position, with easy access via dual-carriage highways to the city of Johannesburg and to many of Gauteng’s top attractions, including the famous Cradle of Humankind and the beautiful Magaliesburg and Pilanesburg mountains.
Another advantage for owners of Roodepoort properties is the many opportunities the area provides for relaxation and exercise outdoors, with several parks, gardens, a golf course and easy access to a nature reserve.
For Roodepoort property owners, nearby natural attractions include
- the magnificent 300-hectare Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens, with a waterfall, diverse bird life and fascinating indigenous plants
- the popular Florida Lake park, with its attractive lake and lawns, an adjacent bird sanctuary, and an Olympic sized swimming pool, a putt-putt course and a children’s adventure park
- Kloofendal Nature Reserve, a 50-hectare area reserved for indigenous plant life and that’s home to over 120 bird species, with walking trails and an adjacent picnic area
- the Roodekrans picnic area with a stream, braai facilities and a children’s playground
- the nearby Pines Pleasure Resort, with picnic areas, swimming pool and hiking trails
Roodepoort is also home to an athletics stadium that can accommodate up to 16,000 spectators, and to the Ruimsig Country Club, recognised as one of South Africa’s top 10 championship golf courses.
Roodepoort properties benefit from easy access to a range of shopping centres and a variety of good schools, as well as to several reputable private hospitals – including Flora Clinic, Olivedale and Wilgeheuwel.
If you are looking to get a true, market related valuation done on your property in Roodepoort then give me a call:
– Morne Prinsloo | 079 047 5172