Wilgeheuwel Area Summary (Stats quoted from a recent Lightstone Report)
Wilgeheuwel is one of the main and most popular residential suburbs when traveling north from the Westrand / Krugersdorp area. Situated near Clearwater Mall and +/- 10km away from Cradlestone Mall along Hendrik Potgieter this area is extremely popular among Property Investors, Tenants and Homeowners as the area is very central with easy access to main roads when traveling for work towards the West or the North.
Another reason why Wilgeheuwel is so popular is because of its property prices.
The area consists mainly of Sectional Title properties with the breakdown looking as follows:
Wilgeheuwel Market Stock:
Freehold in Estates = 3.67% (165)
Sectional Title Units in Estates = 5.30% (238)
Freehold = 8.88% (399)
Sectional Title Units = 82.15% (3691)
Sectional Title properties contributing to 87.45% of the total market stock with 3929 properties / units. These units vary from 50m², 1 bedroom apartments / flats selling from R 400 000 to 150 to 200+m², 3 to 4 bedroom properties selling above the R 1 500 000 mark with some exceptions.
A total of R 328 transfers / sales happened in the last 12 months where 299 properties were Sectional Title sales between R 400k and R 1.5k. When looking at some of the demographics for the suburb, the average monthly household income range between R 40 000 to R 50 000 and most of the buyers are between 36 and 49 years.
Average property sales values for the last 12 months:
- Properties between R 400 000 and R 1 500 000 / 299 properties with a total sales value of R 258 781 000 = an average sales value of R 865 488.
- Properties between R 800 000 and R 1 500 000 / 169 properties with a total sales value of R 174 522 000 = an average sales value of R 1 032 674.
From own experience, the following properties are extremely popular in the Wilgeheuwel area and if priced right, could sell within days of going to the market:
- 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom Double garage properties listed between R 800 000 to R 950 000 …. These properties are roughly between 80m² to 100m²
- 3 Bedroom 2 Bathroom Double garage properties listed between R 1 000 000 to 1 300 000 …. These properties are roughly between 120m² to 150m²
Simplex (single level) properties are more popular than duplex (double level) properties and will attract more buyers. Duplex properties where all the bedrooms are on the same level at least is also more popular.
5 Factors that will make your property sell quicker (price excluded):
- Neat, well looked after property, no clutter … can still be old but neat.
- Light colours, tiles, laminate floors instead of carpets.
- Freshly painted walls, ceilings door / window frames & doors.
- Neat, well looked after garden.
- Additional extras such as gas hob, solar, energy saving fittings / lights, auto garage doors and good security.
If you are looking to get a true, market related valuation done on your property, give me a call, I work and stay in the area and will gladly assist you.
I get daily enquiries for properties in the Wilgeheuwel and surrounding areas.
– Morne Prinsloo | 079 047 5172
Call me for an obligation free valuation of your property in the following areas: All of Krugersdorp including Pinehaven, Featherbrooke, Strekfontein, Honingklip, and Oaktree.
Roodepoort areas include Radiokop, Allen’s Nek, Strubensvalley, Little Falls, Honeydew Ridge, Honeydew Manor, Wilgeheuwel, Ruimsig, Willowbrook, Amarosa, Poortview and Tres Jolie.